Wednesday 31 July 2013

Enrapture: Encode Totem Styler reviewed

My boyfriend bought me the Enrapture Encode Totem Styler for my birthday this month as I had been wanting a wand (everytime I say wand I think of Harry Potter, biggest fan).

I hadn't heard of the brand and was just going to try a low priced version first to see how effective a wand was and how hard it was not to burn myself or singe my hair (have you seen that YouTube clip? Traumatized!)

The packaging quickly established these were no £20 job! Gorgeous, stylish packaging immediately filled me with confidence that they were a good brand.  I like packaging having come from a design background.







The styler comes with it's own heat resistant pouch, perfect if you are off on a weekend away can store them safely.  The styler has a stand that flicks down to keep the hot wand directly off the surface.  Also included is a book with styling tips.  These added extras demonstrate the quality I think.  These are useful features that make the styler easier to use.  The website has tutorial clips too, to show you how to use the wand to create different styles including Boho waves and neat curls.  Again, another plus in my eyes.


I like a natural boho/beach babe wave to my hair.  My hair is naturally wavy but to create more defined waves and curls I have always used my straighteners to twist the hair.  I was worried about the heat on my hair damaging it as the styler is very hot but a few seconds on a chunk of hair is enough to create a defined curl.  You can then run your fingers through or brush them out slightly depending on individual taste.

I think they are very easy to use and the results look really effective.  I have long hair so for me it takes probably 30mins to curl the whole head root to tip, but some of my friends leave the top section smooth and just wand the lower section of their hair so that would obviously take less time.


I rarely use product on my hair as I dislike the feel of anything in my hair particularly sticky or dry products. Sometimes I will spritz some hairspray on after using the wand, however mostly I will leave the curls to slowly loosen and unravel for a more natural look.



If I wash my hair every other day or every two days I will use the styler 2-3 times a week so I feel this won't do too much damage especially considering the few seconds I hold the styler on each hair section.

I would definitely recommend this product to anybody wanting to try a wand, it is easy to use and gives great results. 

5/5

Kitty x




No comments:

Post a Comment