Thursday 1 August 2013

After 1 day of rain I am already thinking of Autumn/Winter clothes

Yesterday was pretty miserable weather wise. I quite enjoyed a day on the couch though with a DVD and bag of sweet & salted popcorn for a change. 

My sister bought me the August Vogue for my birthday and I have yet to open it as it's been so summery and the August editions heavily focus on looking ahead to next season. I wasn't ready, until now.

Can't wait to get home tonight and spend a good hour alone with those fashion pages. 

For me, Autumn is my favourite season style wise. We get to wear a gorgeous wool winter coat and delicious leather boots. 

Before I feast my eyes on the upcoming trends tonight I will share with you my must have staple pieces for the next season. 

1. Classic mac - neutral colour (beige, navy etc) for autumn showers.
2. Opaque tights - smart but practical.
3. Leather brogues - so sweet.
4. Wool winter coat - I bought mine lazy year so will get another year or 2 out of it.
5. Leather boots - ankle or knee high never mid-calf.
6. Leather bag - classic, slouch of satchel it's personal preference. 
7. Good quality umbrella.
8. Sheer blouse - layer under dresses.
9. Tunics - with opaque tights and brogues.
10. Leather jacket - black to add that rock edge to any look. 

Personally my favourite fashion looks for this season include:

Leather - it might just be the accessories, or leather panels on a dress or buckles on a skirt but I love it. 
Tartan - my favourite print to bring out this time every year.
Fur - just a touch like a collar on a coat or a trim on your ankle boots. 


The above staple pieces will begin to arrive in stores this month. 

Happy shopping! 
Kitty x

No comments:

Post a Comment