Sunday 8 June 2014

May payday splurge

May payday splurge.

Due to another bank hol weekend (our 3rd recently here in the UK - spoilt!) we were paid earlier than normal. This is great & feels fab in May but by mid June, the 5 week pay gap hits home. 

I have been picking up a lot lately, especially online. Some I've returned though. But I've been selling a lot on eBay too. I've earned £230ish from selling my unwanted items in the last 4 weeks. eBay take a cut but it's worth all the uploading and describing when you see your paypal pot mount up.

Things I actually need.
Really, I only need work wear of decent quality as I work full time so wear the items often. I want to look professional but stylish. I'm favouring a more modern and minimalist look of late. I want to feel comfortable. On my evenings and days off I need gym wear as I'm on a health kick.  I like comfortable clothes for lounging around and running errands in. I have such nice clothes for days out and evenings that I'm happy to wear something I've got. I tend to only buy things I can dress up and down anyway so for going out clothes I'm sorted.

What I will get my use out of.
I needed a thin waterproof jacket to wear to & from work the gym but as it's spring/summer, I didn't really want a black one. I decided on an aqua North Face jacket. It will come in handy for dog walking too.

The North Face £100

For work.
I decided to invest in some pieces from Whistles. I chose a dress with pockets that is machine washable, slim fitting and minimalist in look. I bought it in both navy and black. I can add a belt if I want to emphasise the waist too.  I feel smart in it and it is comfortable. 

Whistles Shona dress £95

I bought a navy version of a black Whistles skirt in a neoprene fabric that I'd bought a  while back when the brand was last on offer. So now I have both colour ways in that style. I have a few tops I can swap between. 

Whistles £75

Now I just need new work shoes and I'm set. I need boring comfy work shoes as I cover miles and miles every week in that shop!

For the gym.
I definitely could do with replacing my Primark tees with proper gym tops but I think I can hold out a little longer. I'd like 2 or 3 to alternate between. I need a spring colour hoody, I'd like an apricot, peachy colour to wear under the aqua jacket.

Nike £25

Nike £20

Things I want not need.
Depending on the weather I have numerous jackets and one smart coat to wear to work and on my days off if I do anything other than work out or dog walk. I like to wear a thin scarf with my outerwear to knish the look and add a bit of personality too. Put my stamp on the outfit. I bought an acid green/yellow thin scarf which will look fab with all my spring/summer jackets and my coat.

John Lewis £22

My trainers are fine but a more current style would be nice.

Nike £90

Spring footwear. I like the low block heel styles and in a different colour like a silver metallic for a change. I don't like feet and don't like drawing attention to my toes but a fuchsia pedicure and a fab shoe like these might not faze me too much!

Carvela £85

I wear skinny jeans or gym pants but never trousers. My height and build does not suit many trouser styles. I love the look of harem trousers with a t-shirt and denim jacket with cute shoes. But harem trousers don't suit me unfortunately. Again I love that look but swap the harems for tapered trousers plain or printed. Unless I wear them with heels no again not a flattering look on me. Next I am going to try a full jumpsuit with a denim jacket and change it up with Converse then block heels.

Warehouse £42

What were your payday purchases?
What have you got your eye on next?

X

No comments:

Post a Comment