Friday 4 July 2014

How I survived the first 5 days of the summer clearance

The first 5 days of clearance almost killed me but I kept focused on the light at the end of the tunnel - 15 days off work! 

Things that got me through clearance this year:

Chef the movie.
The day before the sale I did a workout and a few dog walks, had a raw juice from our local juice bar and then my sister and I took advantage of Orange Wednesday and went to see Chef the movie. It was brilliant. I love Jon Favreau anyway in The Break Up and his films Elf and Iron Man are two of my favourites and I was not disappointed by Chef. He plays the main character Carl Casper. Dustin Hoffman, Scarlet Johansson, Robert Downey Jr and Sofia Vergara starred alongside Jon Favreau. I would recommend it as a great summer film. This was a treat to ease me in to the sale which started Thursday.

Essie Button.
I have recently found Essie Button, she is a Canadian blogger called Estée living in London with her boyfriend Aslan and their greyhound, Reggie. Their "vlog" (video blog) channel on YouTube has kept me thoroughly entertained! They "vlogged" (video blogged) every other day in June about their days, what they got up to, reviews etc but they are so funny. I amused myself with the 15-20 min long clips most evenings whilst recovering from busy clearance days in work. 

Snacks.
As I'm eating healthier as of late I have been snacking on grapes and rice cakes. My skin has gone AWFUL! I thought it would be temporary while my body got rid of all the toxins but my sister thinks it's the rice cakes which have an affect on hormone levels. I was having a bag of snack a jacks every few days so it must of been the dark chocolate covered rice cakes I was having at the end of lunch in place of a chocolate bar. So they've been banished! I'm into week 5 of healthy eating so I thought my skin would be looking better than ever.

Reading.
Jill Mansell's book Take A Chance On Me. It's a fictional rom com that I read a few years ago and loved so I fancied reading that again and thoroughly enjoyed it once more. I love the main character Cleo and her family and friends. It's a fun story with mini storylines in there too.

Songs.
"You're just a chance I'll take" my summer song is Hideaway by Kiesza and it has been on repeat and has saved me at the end of many clearance days!



Calling All Hearts by DJ Cassidy ft Jessie J and Robin Thicke is such a happy, positive song. I love it. I can't help but dance when I hear it.

Treat tea.
After the madness of the first Saturday of clearance I bought myself a little chippy tea. Small chips, small sausage and a spoonful of curry sauce. It was delicious.

Long dog walks.
After my chippy tea, I talk my dog Louis down to the beach for an evening walk. We were out 1hr 15mins. The sky was beautiful and the way the sun streamed through the clouds made me feel emotional. That was probably more the stressful day I'd had though. I did the same dog walk again Sunday morning before work and it was lovely and sunny. 

Louis.

A little party never killed nobody.
On Sunday eve, I went to a party at my friend's in Liverpool. The sun was still shining and her flat opens out onto a huge terrace and was the ideal location for a party. I had a great night dancing with my friends and eating party food. I treated myself to a Pimms too. 

My friend Faye and I.

My summer holiday.
To celebrate finishing work on Monday eve, I met up with my friend Stacey for a catch up and a cocktail in the sunshine. We luckily got a table outside the popular Las Iguanas and enjoyed a Strawberry Red cocktail each. We're going to London for the weekend so we made some plans for that. It was a lovely way to start my summer holidays. 

My sister has been home so it has been nice to spend some time with her. My family have just returned from their holiday too. 

I plan to workout most days and continue on with my healthier eating. 

This weekend I am going to London to a daytime festival in Hyde Park travelling down Saturday morning. It's on all day and has love music, tasty food and fairground rides. We are staying at a hotel close to Hyde Park. On the Sunday, I'd like to go to Wimbledon and experience the buzz on Murray Mount even though he has been knocked out now. I think we will visit Oxford St including the rooftop garden at John Lewis for a juice. I'm sure we'll have a nice lunch in London and so a bit of shopping. 

I would like to go to Alton Towers if I can this holiday, I've never been. I might book a spa break for a treat.

My birthday is coming up next week so I will have a little celebration with my family and friends. 

I'll let you know what I get up to. 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment