Tuesday 29 July 2014

What a lucky girl!

I turned 27 this month and was lucky enough to receive some wonderful gifts from those who know and love me best.


From left to right, top to bottom:

1. Real Techniques Foundation Sponge, Stippling Brush and Foundation Brush. 

I watch beauty bloggers video blogging about their make up routines and these brushes came up many times. I don't really do much eye makeup and don't do lip lining at all so as I wear foundation most days these were the brushes I most wanted to try.

2. Original Tangle Teezer Brush.

Again this was something that I had heard good things about and wanted to try. I believe it was an idea put to the Dragon's Den team. 

3. Thorntons Premium Collection Chocolates.
4. Percy Pig Sweets from M&S.

You can't go wrong with edible presents in my eyes.

5. Philomena DVD.

This looks a sad film but it was an Oscar, Bafta and Golden Globe nominee and Judi Dench is amazing. 

6. Champneys 6 Way Buffing Nail File.
7. Bourjois Paris Colour Boost Coral lipgloss in shade 04 Peach on the Beach. 
8. Barry M Wink Black Marker Eyeliner.
9. Vogue August Edition with Victoria Beckham cover and Elle August Edition with Cheryl Cole cover.
10. The A List Family by Christina Hopkinson. Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher. You're the one that I want by Giovanna Fletcher.

My sister reads Giovanna Fletcher's blog and thought I would like her books. I love to read. The author is a young girl like me and writes RomComs. Unlike me, Giovanna Fletcher is married to a member if McBusted.

What did you get for your last birthday? 
Would you like any reviews on any of the above gifts? 

I spent my 27th birthday with my family. The sun shone. I did a gym class after breakfast and presents. My birthday was listed on the board at the gym.


My family and I made a quick pit stop in Liverpool City Centre and then we took a picnic to Sefton Park. The weather was glorious and even more appreciated as the forecast had been rain up until only a few days before. 

Sefton Park

That evening my family and I ate at a pub I had heard great reviews about called The Sparrowhawk in Formby. The good was delicious, the service was friendly and the setting was perfect for a summers evening. 


I think all the weight I worked hard to lose last month has been put straight back on after my weekend in London and my birthday. Back to work and back to healthy eating and daily workouts.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment