Friday 16 May 2014

I love May!

I love spring! Especially when the sun is shining. 

I love May!
May is when I start to feel like summer is just around the corner. You know when you wake up earlier than your companions on holiday and you sit out on the balcony? The resort staff are setting the sun loungers out and the sun is just starting to warm up? That's how it feels all day on a sunny spring day here. That warming up feeling. A warm up to summer. Don't get me wrong I love a good old European beach holiday and wouldn't say no to a free one but that feeling here of summer's on its way, I love it. 

Beauty.
I exfoliate and moisturise more often for that little bit of pale, bare skin that I peaks out. I sit out in the sun when it's shining to absorb any Vitamin D that I can. I like to start sweeping bronzer across my cheeks, forehead and down my nose. I change my nail polish from pastel, spring shades to tropical pinks and oranges. I scatter bleached blonde highlights through my hair to give that beach babe sunkissed style. I know most girls tan up or sun bed their way throughout the year but I like my tan (to look) natural. I tan well abroad. This time last year I'd been away and had the base for the summer tan and didn't need to so anything more to it. I've done only a couple of sunbeds in the last 4 years and that was last year pre holiday to prepare my skin. If I can be bothered I will do a tan. I don't think I have in at least over a year but sometimes needs must. Waxing if you don't wax all year round you should start now. Smooth and hair free no later than the end of May bank holiday ladies. 

Fashion.
The jewelled sandals embellish my lightly tanned feet. Clothes wise, I wear more colour in one outfit than I have all year! I add my summer jewellery and bags to brighten up my monochrome work outfits. I love playsuits, patterned dresses, bright colour blocking and if you're bold enough those tropical print silky trousers with a t-shirt and denim jacket. I love my denim jacket. It's had it's first outing of the year this week! I've a coral blazer which I bought for holiday last spring and have worn a handful of times already this spring. I have my red Aztec print jacket again from last summer and am living in that again this year. Jacket wise I'm sorted. 

Fitness. 
I eat more fruit definitely in these warmer months. I like to eat outside if possible. There's nothing nicer than breakfast outside in the sunshine. I eat less in the heat. In winter I want carbs and chocolate. I up my workouts in the gym. I go more often and vary the classes. I add a swim into my weekly workout too. The dog gets an extra walk off me too which he doesn't complain about. 

I hope the sunshine and blue sky is here to stay and we have a gorgeous summer on its way!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment