Saturday 3 May 2014

My latest shopping haul

New season, new hair, new job - all excuses to shop?! I think so too. 

I've bought quite a bit lately but feel I  can justify (almost) all of it. I'll go through my latest purchases for you, see if you agree. But don't tell me if you don't!

I went into town with all the intentions of doing a spring/summer Primark haul. There was one or two things that I could of bought but nothing I loved and absolutely had to have. Which is my shopping motto. Disappointing, I haven't been successful in Primark these last few years, maybe I'm over it..

Next stop was Marks and Spencer's. I know with here that I'll find something classic, good quality, affordable and in certain ranges, modern, on trend and simplistic. Stylish isn't a word I guess many people use when describing M&S but I'd rather it stayed that way. More finds for me, less chance everyone my age will be wearing it. It is one of my "go-to" shops along with Oasis and Warehouse.

First thing I spotted after I walked into the department store was a pair of light-mid wash ripped skinny jeans. Anyone who follows me on Twitter and Instagram @kittysowerby knows that I'm liking that look at the moment. All the celebs and bloggers that I follow are wearing them. I never would of thought to get a pair, I wasn't looking for a pair but these caught my eye. They fit like a glove!

 Marks and Spencer £39.50

Some shopping days I pick up items to update what I already have. Rarely do I buy an "outfit". This Sunday shopping experience I bought an outfit. 

To go with the jeans there was a cream T-shirt with tiny flecks of neon colour running through the fabric. Easy to through on and looked great with the style of jeans.

Marks and Spencer £12.50

When I went to the fitting room to try these on there was a crate of jewellery ready to go out on display and a ring that was so sparkly I couldn't take my eyes off it. It's so pretty. I like costume statement jewellery some days, other days I like delicate traditional pieces. This I couldn't leave behind. 

Marks and Spencer £15

I did try some gorgeous, coloured thread knitwear to wear with this outfit but they all made me feel too busty and I decided against them. The returns policy and refund process is a little off putting to me in M&S. 

I headed upstairs to continue the hunt for the perfect spring wool coat. I found one. Couldn't believe it, the search was over! I have been struggling with coat options the last few months as I want to be warm but I want to look appropriate for spring too. I decided a coat in a light spring shade was the way to go, accessorised with a printed scarf and a great bag. Have hunted high and low and until now been unsuccessful.  This coat is a light grey, wool and collarless. It's a great length. If it had been in an aqua, baby blue, light coral I would of been dancing around the shop but this colour is fine. It looks expensive but was just £55. I imagine I've worn it 20 times already. It's just the right weight for spring. In summer I like to wear my denim jacket or my coral blazer. My last M&S wool coat has been great so I know it's money well spent. 

Marks and Spencer £55

John Lewis have regular offers on as they match their competitors and during one price match event I snapped up two great Warehouse pieces.

I like bags and have a lot of them. I am working through bit by bit and whittling down my collection so do keep an eye on my eBay page kittylouiseswardobe for those. If I go abroad I buy a new beach/carry on bag. This year I decided on a bag for work instead. I chose a tan bag with gold detailing. It doesn't look or feel particularly expensive (and it wasn't) but it's a useful size for my everyday things. 

Warehouse £22 (price with double discount)

I picked up a cute 60s style mini skirt in bright orange. It's a fun fabric and shape.

Warehouse £28 (price with double discount)

I'd wear it on a night out with a simple tee and a statement necklace and my Topshop black thick strap shoes with a block heel similar to these.

Topshop £65

Some of the John Lewis jewellery is reduced and I've had my eye on this necklace for a while I think the colours are gorgeous and it's so summery. 

John Lewis £7 (mid-season sale price)

These Warehouse earrings were £5 and will go great with this necklace. I love stud earrings and these triangle ones are simple but stylishly noticeable. They add a little modern edge to an outfit. 

Warehouse £5

I also needed to replace my mini makeup bag that I take to work with me. It's the cream and gold studded one and was getting grubby. I got this one in John Lewis. It is part of the commemorative range to celebrate the 150 year anniversary. 

John Lewis £11

There are commemorative ranges in women's, men's, children's, electrical (including a green Henry Hoover called John!) home and garden. I bought a heart necklace and coordinating stud earrings. 

John Lewis necklace £10 and earrings £8

Have fun shopping this weekend! X

No comments:

Post a Comment