Wednesday 11 September 2013

What's in my make-up bag


I use Primark small make-up bags for everyday in my bag as they get dirty quickly so are cheap to replace. 

I bought this cream studded one for my holiday in April and have continued to use this since I returned. 

By now it's marked and grubby and will be replaced shortly. 

Inside the bag are my everyday essentials for on the move touch ups.


1. Pocket tissues 
2. Eye drops for itchy, tired eyes
3. Hand cream I shake hands with clients so soft hands are essential. Also as a personal shopper my hands suffer carrying wooden, plastic and metal hangers. Believe me they dirty and dry out your hands.
4. Vaseline for my lips and fly away eyebrows. I rarely wear lipgloss but always wear Vaseline. I prefer the original rather than the scented (why anybody would want a perfume like smells and taste in their mouths all day baffles me).


5. Tweezers - invest in a good pair to will do a better job than a cheap pair. Light to carry for on the go tweaks.
6. Small comb for smoothing ponytail, fixing your part and de-tangling the fringe.
7. Elastic hair ties. Your day may start with a perfect blow dry or tousled wanded mane but if you're anything like me, by afternoon that will probably be pulled back into a ponytail or piled on the top of your head in a top knot. Also useful for bad weather on the way to work. On the way home I usually pull my hair off my face and relax.
8. Kirby grips - at least one to pull fringe off your face whilst you're touching up your makeup. They come in handy so have a few at the bottom of your bag. 


At home I moisturise and prime then depending on my mood, skin and the weather I will either choose a BB cream, liquid foundation or mineral powder foundation. Bar the moisturiser, all products by No7 (available at Boots).

As I do my make-up before I leave the house I don't need to take all those with me.

9. No7 Instant Radiance Concealer to lighten the eye area and cover any blemishes.
10. No7 Mineral Perfection Loose Powder Foundation with brush for touch ups.
11. Seventeen Miracle Matte Pressed Powder to combat shine and includes a mirror for on the go touch ups.


12. Finishing touches. Black kohl eyeliner, smudgable as no brushes so use your finger. I line top and bottom to create a more defined eye. Cheap eyeliners are just as good as expensive I've found so no need to invest in my opinion.
13. Eye Bright by Benefit. Line the inner rim with this or just smudge in the inner corner for a brightening effect. 
14. Mini They're Real mascara by Benefit. I love this mascara it really lengthens the lashes. 
15. If I need a little more glam throughout the day I will use a coat of this H&M lipgloss it isn't too sticky and the colour is quite natural looking. 

If I was away for the night I would add face wipes, moisturiser and a toothbrush. 

Kitty x



No comments:

Post a Comment