Sunday 23 February 2014

My first spa break of the year.


This week I visited Formby Hall spa and hotel for my first spa break of the year. I was booked in for a mid-week pamper and relax. Even though the spa is 10 minutes from home it is set in the countryside & in the middle of a golf course so feels like it could be anywhere else.

The deal I booked was even cheaper than my last visit and included more treatments. This time round I got 2x treatments in the spa and use of the pool, steam room and thermal heaven (more on that later). In the evening the package included 241 cocktails all night, a 2 course meal, overnight stay in an executive room with a full English breakfast the following morning. All this for £62.50 each. An amazing deal.

Spa treatments.
After changing into swimwear we dressed in robes and relaxed before our treatments in the comfy waiting area of the spa. We were taken to a couples treatment room with low relaxing music playing in the background. 

Facial.
The package included a facial and either a full body salt scrub or full body massage. The facial was deep cleansing including face masks and exfoliating also neck and shoulder massages. 

Salt scrub.
I opted for a full body scrub, as last time I visited I had a massage and thought I'd try something different. Warm flannels were used to dampen my skin then I was thoroughly scrubbed with salt to soften the skin. It was rough especially on the legs and I did think my skin would be bright red afterwards but once if showered it off my skin felt soft and moisturised. I would recommend this treatment. 

Individually both these treatments cost £35 so after both we had already justified the £62.50 package cost.

Pool.
After our treatments we sat in the tropical heat of the pool area. It was very busy and we had to wait a while for 2 loungers to become available. Unfortunately the jacuzzi was out of order and if I remember correctly it was also out of use in August during my last visit. This didn't stop most people sitting in the warm water minus the jets. I enjoyed a swim in the pool but didn't realise how unfit I was! The steam room was too hot for me but I did manage 10-15mins in there. 

Thermal Heaven.
After a snooze and a read of our books we headed up to Thermal Heaven. In here was a sauna and a steam room, foot spas and hot stone  loungers. Very relaxing. 

Executive room.
Our room was luxurious and stylish. Awaiting us was a box of complimentary chocolate truffles and mini toiletries and 2 bottles of still water in the fridge. Cocktails could be delivered to the room and there was a varied room menu which you could order throughout the night. 

Meal.
We got ready and dressed smart/casual for the restaurant. I wore a silk shirt dress with tights and wedge ankle boots and felt appropriately dressed. The restaurant was full with a nice atmosphere. Our package included 2 courses from a great menu we were spoilt for choice. The chunky chips were delicious. 

Breakfast.
Full English breakfast was available, cereal, muffins and fruit. Was very tasty and with a view of the sunny golf course it was a perfect morning. Before we checked out we relaxed on the patio area in the fresh winter sun looking forward to Spring. 

I'm sure it won't be long until I visit Formby Hall again I had a wonderfully relaxing stay and would thoroughly recommend a visit when the next offer starts. 

4/5

C x






No comments:

Post a Comment