Wednesday 26 February 2014

Review - No7 Pore Vacuum Mask

I purchased the Pore Vacuum Mask from the No7 Beautiful Skin range at Boots after a friend recommended it.

It is a thick, clay-like mask that dries quickly and can then be peeled off. Usually, the peeling off is the fun part.

I would recommend using this mask in the evening when you have just cleansed as it leaves a red patch (in the exact shape of where it was applied) for an hour or so. I do not recommend putting it on during the day when waiting for a delivery as it is a little war paint like.

The mask is for the forehead and nose area. It is designed to draw out dirt, leaving clean skin with less visible pores. The mask is not recommended for those with very dry skin.

The instructions say to cleanse skin and then once dry, put a thick layer over the area. The mask is to be left on for approximately 10 minutes to dry. I found that quite uncomfortable as I couldn't move those areas of my face easily. I particularly did not like the restricted feeling around my nose. After 10 minutes, the mask is dry and can be peeled off. I think it is meant to be like pore strips where you can see the removed dirt on the strip. 

Peeling the mask off, I can only describe as what I imagine having your face waxed, slowly would feel like. The tiniest hairs that you are so light and so fine that you can't even see on your face are removed. I have had leg, eyebrow, bikini and underarm waxes done and removing this mask hurt more than any of those treatments! Hopefully the pain will be worth it if it is actually cleaning my pores. 

I have used it 3 times so far and aim to use it once a week. My skin does feel soft afterwards but that might just be because all the tiny hairs are removed.



Hopefully I'll be writing how amazingly clear my skin is very soon!

K x


No comments:

Post a Comment