Sunday 9 March 2014

Did a bit of shopping this weekend

Been meaning to do a proper Primark shop for a while now and had an hour to kill this morning. 

I ended up doing a quick lap of the shop avoiding nightwear, lingerie and footwear. I don't buy any of those from Primark anymore. 

Nightwear - I stick to M&S but have my eye on some Cyber Jammies sets at the moment. Lingerie - M&S or John Lewis. Department stores have everything and they are my two favourites in Liverpool. I don't buy Primark knickers anymore. Footwear - I invest in footwear, good quality, usually real leather. Real leather is sold at affordable prices in M&S. I buy Bertie and Dune from John Lewis aswell.

Today I bought a floral blouse to wear with jeans on my days off for £12. I could wear this to fly and on a cool evening with tailored shorts abroad or on a city break with chinos and leather sandals.


I also picked up a necklace for £1.50. I am drawn to gold costume jewellery more than silver. I have a yellow based skin tone and a warmth to my complexion so gold jewellery suits me better. Jewellery that I am gifted tends to be silver so I do wear silver. I'm not a fab of Rose gold myself but think a mixture of all three on a necklace or ring looks striking. 


Friday evening I took advantage of a discount event in John Lewis and picked up a new dress for Spring. It is a nautical striped jersey tunic dress by Phase Eight discounted to £55.20. It is smart casual, comfortable dress. The shade will look great with tan leather in the summer too.


Lastly, I picked up a printed skirt by Warehouse. The skirt was discounted to £20 and I will wear it with cream, black and coral blouses or t-shirts. On holiday I'll wear it with a vest top and sandals.


What did you buy this weekend?

Kitty x
 



No comments:

Post a Comment