Tuesday 18 March 2014

My beauty regime

Sleep.
I love getting into bed as early as possible. I go to sleep before 11pm most nights. I'll probably be in bed much earlier though, resting. I read to wind down after watching tv or catching up on all my apps on my phone. It is so important to me to get enough sleep. My alarm is set for 7am so I should get 8 hours on average a night. On my days off or if I'm going on a night out I try and fit in a 20min nap that is the ideal length, any longer and you feel groggy.

Skincare.
I always always always take my makeup off, every night. Without fail. I love putting my makeup on (unless I'm in a rush) but I hate taking it off, it takes soo long. I start with my eye makeup remover and cotton wool, hold it on let it do it's work and wipe. Never scrub roughly around the eye area, be gentle. This takes a while, yawn! Then I rub cleansing lotion on my face and wipe it off with cotton wool and repeat until the cotton wool comes away clean. Once clean I wipe a layer of toner over my face to remove the last of the cleanser. When my skin is feeling particularly dry, I will moisturise before bed but usually I let my skin breath at night. I moisturise every morning and let it sink in while I so my hair and get dressed then I use a primer and start applying my makeup. 



Makeup.
I am trying the new No7 stay perfect superlight wear foundation at the moment. I love it as I do not like a thick coverage. I like the skin to look as natural as possible but want an even look and let the eye makeup stand out. I use concealer where it's needed and dust a sheer powder over to set. I line my eyes with brown and the waterline with pale pink and smudge with a brush. I am getting used to filling my eyebrows but am not sure I like the dark colour. I use a brown mascara, a tip of my fashion and beauty idol - Olivia Palermo. Some days I dust highlighter on my cheeks and eyebrows and slick on a layer of lipgloss but usually just use Vaseline throughout the day. 



Exfoliate. Steam. Sauna.
I exfoliate once a week (when I remember) to unclog my pores. Every now and again I'll use a pore strip or face mask but not frequently as I have sensitive skin. I do not get regular facials, they are a rare treat. On my days off, when I have time I will use the steam room and sauna in the gym for as long as I can bare! On the days when I have no plans other than gym I try to have a day off from wearing makeup but even then I feel better with at least eye makeup on. I like a glow to my skin during the summer and will catch some colour. I had 3 sunbeds before my holiday last year to prepare my skin and I do sunbathe when I can but spend my entire holiday slathering on suncream to avoid getting burnt. Tanned skin is damaged skin and I am aware of my responsibility over my chances of getting skin cancer. Fake tan can be applied by a beautician for a special occasion or DIY - practise makes perfect!

Hair.
I wash my hair every other day as I have no colour on the too section so it gets greasy more quickly. I feel like I spend my life washing, drying and styling my hair. I hate doing it! I dread another hair wash. I love being on holiday and letting it dry sitting on the balcony painting my nails. My hair dries wavy and curly in the summer and abroad but I usually blast my hair dry, sleep on it then style it in the morning. I use whatever shampoo and conditioner are on offer or I fancy buying. I have been gifted lots of hair products which I use if I remember. I obviously want my hair to look fab but I also hate the feel of hair products in my hair and they make my hair greasier, quicker which as I hate washing my hair I would obviously avoid. I style my hair with either my ghd straighteners or my enrapture wand. Usually waves and curls, rarely straight. My hair is long at the moment. Not as long as it was this time last year. I am going for a shorter style for this spring and summer. That is opposite of what I usually do. Usually I grow my hair and wear it long during the summer and I go shorter every autumn. I love tying my hair up and away from my face as soon as I get home from work. My hair grows very quickly, I get highlights once a year and let them grow out. I prefer the natural look with my hair. Sun-kissed and beach babe waves. I only get my hair cut every 12 weeks. 


Nails.
I prefer my nails short and square with a natural colour on with a glossy top coat. I have my nails long at the moment and got a manicure to kill some time the other day. My nails are very strong. They do not bend or snap easily. The grow very quickly. I hate cutting them and prefer to file them down instead. 

Diet. 
I cut out chocolate 4 weeks ago and my skin has been pretty clear. I do not take any supplements and am not on any medication. I rarely take painkillers but will do if I have to. I could always eat healthier and drink more water. Certain foods affect your hair and nails and skin. If you need a boost in these areas, research what you should add to your diet or remove. 

What tips do you have?

Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment