Friday 28 March 2014

Spring has sprung

Or has it?

I am sooooo ready to swap my winter warmers for a spring version because even though it's still cold the sun is shining and the sky is blue. I feel out of place in my dark colours but don't want to get caught out on a stormy day in spring jacket and a flimsy dress. This time last year it was snowing mad my reaction was to book a holiday and escape to the sun. So far this year it hasn't snowed and I am hoping we make it out the other side without me running to the travel agents. 

I want to be warm but look appropriate.

Here are my alternatives. 

Winter wool coat.
Swap this for a wool coat in a candy colour or a neutral shade like camel. Hopefully you'll get a bit of wear out of it over March, April and May then you can put it away until autumn. 

Oasis £95

Bag.
Swap the black leather bag for a chocolate brown or tan leather bag of the size of your choice. I'm liking grey leather this season. Candy colour bags are sweet too but I wouldn't invest in a coloured leather bag, just do a Primark one. 

Accessorize £35

Shoes.
I've been wearing leather ankle boots in black and want to swap them for tan now. My suede ankle boots need replacing with a beige or tan suede I think. Maybe grey. The wedge ankle boots are useful for a drink after work or an early meal etc. 

Weekend Collection by John Lewis £95

Gloves.
Swap your wool functional ones for a navy or tan leather pair. You won't look wintry if you don't pick a wintry colour and won't have to walk around with your hands in your pockets.

Accessorize £12

Jeans.
I would stick to your dark blue or introduce your mid wash into your wardrobe now. Your black skinnys are still useful this season too. Some people will wear these year round. 

Top shop £38

Scarves.
Put winter wool scarves away now and use a thick pashmina until the chill goes and then your printed summer scarves will be appropriate.

Whistles £55

Warm coat with hood.
If you have a khaki one you're fine maybe a navy one but I'm sick of big black coats. The days when the umbrellas won't do get the khaki parka out and wear it with tan or grey leather accessories to make it as spring like as possible.

Oasis £88

Is it time for Converse yet? I've seen these tie dye ones I really want but don't want to freeze in canvas shoes. My grey ones were packed away months ago. They go with everything and are still newish. 
Converse £50

Happy shopping! 

X


No comments:

Post a Comment