Tuesday 25 February 2014

Review - Ugg Gershwin boots

For Christmas 2012, I treated myself to Classic Short Ugg boots in black. Once worn for a while they are comfortable and warm, especially after running around all day in work. We have wooden floor at home so they make great slippers too. A few years ago I bought the chestnut Classic Short Ugg boots in David's in New York and am still wearing them now. They are softer now and perfect for indoors. My black ones still look like new so I wear them outside more often.

This Christmas I was thinking ahead in case it snowed and I didn't fancy getting frostbite in my Wellington boots for another winter. I decided to purchase the leather Ugg boots Gershwin in black which are waterproof, have a high grip rubber sole and a sheepskin lining.


Classic Ugg boots have some grip for frost but not for snow and ice. Gershwin will be practical and warm so even though they are high price I think they are justifiable. I bought them while they were on Price Match at 25% off and then with my further personal discount I got a great deal. I have worn them most days since Christmas and will wear them each winter for years to come.


The sheepskin lining will make such a difference in the snow compared to freezing Wellington boots. They look stylish with their straps and buckles. The grip is a big selling point for me as I do worry about slipping and hurting myself in the winter and these boots will reduce the chance of that happening. Classic Ugg boots can only do so much water resistance wise so a waterproof Ugg is the perfect design for winter.


I prefer not to wear mid calf boots as that is not a flattering look on most people, but for Uggs, I make an exception.

For the money I paid I will definitely wear them enough to get my money's worth. I'm hoping not to get any snow to be able to test them out though!

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment