Tuesday 21 October 2014

Beauty Vloggers

I've been enjoying watching YouTube vlogs since June and the blogger's main beauty channels too and a couple of things have become pretty clear in that time. 

1. It seems that MOST of the beauty vloggers that I watch, have frequent breakouts and that says to me that the considerable amount of products they use on their skin every day and leave soaking in through the night either causes or does not help the breakouts.

Since I've been watching the videos and using recommended products, my skin has been worse than it was before. My skin was pretty normal I would say. I have visible pores and blackheads which no amount of exfoliating, deep cleansing, masks nor pore strips can budge. Other than that I get a bad period spot once a month. If I overdo it on the junk food I might get a couple of spots and on holiday too from the combination of suncream & sweat on the face. But since using a sponge and brushes to apply my makeup, Smashbox primer, new thicker foundation etc my forehead is bumpy and spotty. I used to put a thick moisturiser on and now I use a light one. I used to apply different primers. I used to apply a light foundation with my fingers and use a different powder. I used to use a different bronzer. Maybe it is the tools? How often should I clean my brushes and sponges? 

2. Another observation I've made is that a number of the vloggers I enjoy watching deal with anxiety, panic attacks, stress and are not good sleepers. The main vloggers I follow who have shown signs of this or openly talk about it are:
Zoella
Essie Button
Tanya Burr
Gabriella Lindley
Sprinkle of glitter

3. My final realisation I've made since watching Vlogs is how much money they must make based on their homes, shopping haul spendage and where they eat/food shop. Zoella for example, lived in a huge and I mean HUGE apartment in Brighton overlooking the sea in a big old building with a funny old fashioned lift. She eats out most days but does her food shopping at Waitrose. Her latest haul at Lush must have been about 30 bath bombs!

In no way do the above observations affect my enjoyment in watching the videos, I find the videos informative and fun to watch. I look forward to the next upload and will sometimes try a product recommended or featured. I understand that they are sometimes paid to review a product and I am now aware of sponsoring and affiliated links. I do not look at the comments left by viewers as I like to just see positivity. I in no way mean this post to be negative as I really like the vloggers I chose to subscribe to. It's funny how you feel like you know them and that they are your company. It's sweet and sad in a way. 

The people I watch seem very likeable and I wish them all continued success. 

Time to watch a couple of vlogs! 

Enjoy xx




No comments:

Post a Comment