Tuesday 7 October 2014

I can't resist an offer: latest beauty buys

The more I watch YouTube make-up tutorials, the more I want the proper tools.  The make-up brushes are an important part of the kit.

For my birthday this summer, I was gifted with the Real Techniques foundation brush, stippling brush and their foundation sponge.  I love the sponge, I'm not yet keen on the foundation brush but will use it again.  The stippling brush is also going to take a bit of practise.  I have some old eye make-up brushes that I still use but they have seen better days.  That is the extent of my tools.  Unless you include an old pair of tweezers, eyelash curlers and a sharpener.  It's time to invest in the right kit to make the most of my gradually expanding make-up collection.

Mac make-up brushes seem to pop up in most collections.  I have had my eye on the 217 blending brush which seems to be a very popular brush with the vloggers and when there was a 10% off deal on over the weekend I couldn't resist.  I also picked up the 212 brush which I will use to line my eyes.


Also on offer was the range Urban Decay.  I had been wanting to pick up the new Basics 2 palette but that wasn't on John Lewis at the time of the offer (it is now) so I was sensible and bought the Flushed palette which has a bronzer, a blusher and a highlighter, in the colour Streak.  I was running out of bronzer and did need a blusher.  When I get my makeup done they always use a blusher and I immediately look more alive and healthy.  All the beauty bloggers and vloggers use blusher too.  Usually I use my bronzer as blusher but I can see the difference it makes using the right products where they're meant to be used.  I have a powder highlighter from Topshop called Sunbeam but it is a yellow based one whereas the Urban Decay one is pink based so I will give that a try.  








Benefit had 10% off this particular weekend so I asked the assistants to recommend what brown product would be most natural, easy to use and would just fill in the brows not reshape them.  The explained that Brow Zings is for changing the shape and Gimme Brow is a product to make brows look fuller whilst still looking natural.  I hate penciling my eyebrows, they aren't the same shape so I find it difficult to see why I would fill them in and make them look more noticeable.  Gimme Brow is easy to use, all I have to do is brush it through my brows a few times and it makes a difference.  I would definitely recommend it.  I don't like the smell of the product but once it has dried I can't smell it as much.  It is a small package so I don't know how long I will get out of it and it is pricey but I will look for a drugstore dupe.  I have the clear brow gel by Rimmel maybe I will try a coloured version.  



Next on my list is a good pair of eyelash curlers as my eyelashes are pretty long but quite straight.  In fact the eyelashes on my left eye are straighter than my right and it throws off my eye make-up and is very annoying.



Also I would like to try a cream blusher too.  I see Benefit have brought out one called Majorette and seem to have sent it to all the beauty vloggers that I follow as they all have been reviewing it!  I'll wait for the next offer I think, I might put it on my Christmas list.



What have you been buying lately?

Kitty x

No comments:

Post a Comment