Tuesday 7 October 2014

The Body Shop: my mini haul



I am absolutely loving the products I picked up in The Body Shop recently!  I had some time to kill and ended up taking advantage of a 3-4-2 offer they had on.  I had wanted a black eye-shadow for a while for lining or for doing a dramatic smokey eye on nights out this winter, so I chose the Colour Crush Eye Shadow - Moonlight Kiss  

The Body Shop assistant helped me decide which products to buy and she recommended the new All In One Instablur Eye to accompany the eye-shadow I was buying.  They said it was a great dupe product for Urban Decay's eye primer which I had been considering trying but I thought I would give this a try since there was a 342 offer on. I'm glad I did, it is amazing! My eyeshadow looks so much better, hardly any creasing and it lasts a lot longer.  I haven't tried the Urban Decay version but I would thoroughly recommend The Body Shop version.

As you know, I have the beginnings of a lip colour collection (read about it here) and this is another edition Colour Crush Lipstick - 200 Peachy Pink I have worn it most days since buying it.  I love it.  Even though it is probably classed as a nude (I'm guessing?) it brightens my makeup just enough.  Now I am making more of a conscious effort with my make-up, I use all my new products daily for my work makeup including the bronzer, blusher and highlighter so my skin looks glowing. I have dark lined eye-lashes and groomed brows so the finishing touch is a bit of colour on my lips so they do not look too pale.  I put a layer of Vaseline on first then apply the lipstick so there is a little shine to it.  I don't think I am a matte lip fan, I like a bit of shine but no tackiness just so it feels moisturised and soft. 

Do you use any Body Shop make-up or just skincare and body products?
Which would you recommend I try?

Kitty x



No comments:

Post a Comment