Tuesday 7 October 2014

Review: Champneys Mulberry nail polish

Now I'm not a fan of painting my nails.  I hate waiting for them to dry, thinking they are dry and then chipping them, so annoying.  BUT! once my nails are painted and look pretty, I like it again.

I was bought a Champneys nail polish set for Christmas last year, maybe even the year before. Since then, I have mostly used the Nude, Cherry and the base and top coat but also included were Mocha and Mulberry.

L-R Base/Top coat, Cherry, Mulberry, Nude, Mocha
For an event I worked recently, I thought I would try the Mulberry shade to give a nod to autumn/winter and compliment the black lace dress I was to wear (see below).

Mulberry

I painted my nails the day before the event and 13 days later it looks like this!

I didn't realise quite how long I had had this polish on until a beauty vlogger was raving off a 4 day polish.  I think this Champneys formula must be a really good one but my tips for a lasting coat are:

1. Wash and dry your hands to get rid of any nail polish remover/grease etc
2. Start with a clear base/top coat
3. Use a thin first layer so it dries quicker
4. Another clear base/top coat
5. A second coat of the colour
6. A third layer of the clear base/top coat
7. Sit and let the nails dry completely
8. Use a hairdryer to speed up the drying
9. Run the nails under cold water
10. Use the quick drying spray

I think mine were purchased at Boots but they don't seem to be online this year so here is a link to the Champneys website where you can buy 24 shades of nail varnish including Mulberry.  

I have had compliments on the colour and I am impressed how good it still looks nearly a fortnight on.  I would rate Champneys Mulberry 4/5

Just incase you're curious, this is a picture of the dress I wore to the event.  It is from the range Somerset by Alice Temperley which is exclusive to John Lewis.  It is beautiful and would make a perfect dress for over the party season this Christmas.  You can find the dress online here.


What is your favourite brand of nail polish?
What shades are you using this autumn?

Kitty x

No comments:

Post a Comment