Sunday 28 September 2014

YSL gift set




Way back in the January sale, I picked up a little bargain!  I think it cost me £21 or something wonderful like that.  It is a YSL mini makeup bag with a full sized Touche Eclat, a full sized Volume Effect Mascara and a 15ml Forever Youth Liberator Serum.  For me, I don't usually pick much up in the sales but this I couldn't resist.  At the time I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it until I next needed a gift for a friend's birthday or use it myself.  Most of my friend's birthdays seem to be in the latter half of the year and when I ran out of mascara and asked around for a recommendation, my friend Victoria recommended a YSL one which reminded me of the set I had gathering dust.  



YSL Touche Eclat shade 1
I used to use Touche Eclat as a teenager and student (funny that now I'm working full time I don't stretch to such high end products!) and loved it.  I was told at a No7 counter in Boots once that the exact prodcut was put in both their pen concealer as was put in the YSL once, scandalous!  It is a highlighter so I believe I use it incorrectly as a concealer.  I would recommend it to lighter the eye area, on your cupids bow, down the bridge of the nose and under the eyebrows.

YSL Volume Effect Mascara in Black
I love this mascara! It lengths my lashes and isn't sticky.  By sticky I mean were my top and bottom lashes stick together with mascara and drive me mad! This mascara makes my lashes look long and defined.  I really would recommend trying it!

YSL Youth Liberator Serum
I have no idea what to do with this, how much to use, how often nor when I am meant to use it!  Have you tried it?  Is it any use to a 27yr old?

If you fancied getting your hands on the set, you're in luck!  As it happens, the set has been released again for this Christmas with a different, larger makeup bag but the same products.  Mine was a real, end of January sale purchase but the newer version is currently 10% off which always helps.


Kitty x

No comments:

Post a Comment