Monday 29 September 2014

New season, new hair

New season, new hair

I was just thinking of getting a good cut on Friday when my friend Michael was coming to do my hair. If anything, I was thinking about keeping most of the length and going darker with a dark caramel balayage. However, Friday morning came and my mum and sister thought I should go back shorter as I've had it long for a while now. 

Lily Aldrige balayage

My hair grows pretty quickly so what I usually do is "bob it" in autumn and then grow it and by summer it's a good mid - long length. This was my pattern until I went to Australia in February 2012 and wanted it to be long enough to tie up or pile on the top of my head if I was hot (it was their summer when I was there). When I got back, it was really long and I had a decent amount cut off and then I just grew it longer and longer. I was aiming for (excuse me) nipple length and it was even longer than that at one point. Last autumn, I did have a good few inches off and I liked it but it was long again before I knew it. Lately it was getting pretty long and I knew I wanted a good trim but, I've only gone and ended up "bobbing it" again!


New season, new hair

I've gone for a tousled bob on my shoulders, below my shoulders when straight. I was inspired by Anna Saccone Joly's gorgeous blonde tousled jaw length bob but I didn't want it quite that short. 


Anna Saccone Joly's tousled bob

Hopefully, now my hair is lighter, the curls will stay in longer. I think there's a little bit of blonde left at the bottom but I plan to have some put through the front to lighten the colour near my face. 

I blasted my hair dry in just one ad break last night. Wanding it this morning took just as long as when it was long though, as it's difficult wanding the shorter underneath parts. I might need a bit of practise.. 

Do you change your hair as often as me?  Every season?

Kitty x

No comments:

Post a Comment